Kelton Joyner

Default Importing a sailboat in Miami

All of the "other island" nations require ships papers to clear in and
out of each one. So the boat has to be registered and/or documented
somewhere before you start out on your trip. If it is not, they won't
let you clear in/out of customs and immigration at each stop. You also
need passports and crew list for all aboard.
Kelton s/v Isle Escape

Chelsea wrote:

Dick Locke wrote:

What about buying a boat outside the country, and sailing it home?
Can one stop in other countries on the way home w/o problem? I'm
considering a purchase in South America and would be sailing through
the Caribbean enroute to a Mid Atlantic port. It would be nice to be
able to stop in at least a couple of islands to refuel & reprovision.

Assuming your home is the US, you won't have any problem from US
customs.

Thanks, my question is about other island nations along the way.