Peggie Hall

Default For Peggie

Richard Malcolm wrote:
what I have is a little refridge that has a door that does not always stay
100% closed. and water leaks out the front and goes on the floor. the
water is melted (defrosted) ice which happens as these fridges are on
while the engine is running or shore power, but not on all the time.
forming ice and frost then melting.

The first solution to your particular problem is pretty obvious: put a
latch on the door that will keep it closed...and if necessary, replace
the rubber gasket around the door.

And if you have shore power, leave the fridge running all the time...you
don't turn off the fridge at home when you leave, why would you turn off
the fridge on the boat? For some reason, only sailors worry about
leaving shore power connected all the time...almost all powerboats do,
with no problems. I always did--mostly to power the fridge and the
icemaker, but also to keep the batteries charged to power the bilge
pumps if they were needed.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"