posted to rec.boats.electronics
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Water Usage Meter

As stated before, a flow meter gives indirect answers to your question and
therefore is prone to error. I have another suggestion that I think is not
only more practical, but less expensive. Use a "Differential Pressure Gage"
calibrated in inches of H2O. All this takes is a small diameter hose to the
tank bottom connected directly to the high side of the gauge and a method to
burp the line from time to time. These gauges can be found both new and used
at very freindly prices.
Steve

"foggywaters" wrote in message
On Jan 5, 5:45 am, Capt Dan wrote:
On Dec 29 2008, 4:01 am, foggywaters wrote:

Hi

I would like to install / build a meter that would display the amount
of water I have taken from my water tank(s). There is no access to the
tank(s), installing level senders would be difficult.

I am aware of the WaterWatch. It would suffice but the literature says
the minimum water flow required is ~ 1.6 Gallons Per Minute. I don't
think it would record small demands i.e. brushing one's teeth.
Although it would be good for measuring the amount of water added to
the tanks.

I would prefer a system with a small in-line sensor sending pulses? to
a meter (LED ? LCD?) 10' away.

Any suggestions

foggywaters

Check out:

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/support/8000t.pdf

I think this is exactly what you want for under $40- Hide quoted text -

Capt Dan

Thanks - Yes this looks very good, I like it - but - the connections
are only 3/8" NPT. My main line is 3/4" with the individuals 1/2". I
will put a piece of 3/8" hose in line to see what affect it has on the
volume of flow.

foggy