Eisboch[_4_] Eisboch[_4_] is offline

Default Speaking of music...

"thunder" wrote in message
t...
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 14:34:00 -0500, Eisboch wrote:

The Russians build some good looking ships, as do the Italians. I always
get a kick out of the upswept deck on the aircraft carriers.

Isn't that to facilitate jump jets?

I don't know. I sorta thought that it was because unlike the Brits and US
Navy who perfected steam powered catapults, the upswept deck represented a
different approach to launching aircraft. In fact, it must be because the
upswept decks existed long before jump jets were developed.

Eisboch