BAR[_3_] BAR[_3_] is offline

Default Pain, pain, and more pain...

RLM wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 23:43:30 -0500, Eisboch wrote:

Fine. Obama won. He takes over next week. Let's turn the page and get
on with life, huh?

Eisboch

Exactly!

Let's end the phony wars, bring our soldiers home. Break the backbone of
the Military Industrial Complex and their whores for good that grip "our"
government.

I am glad we spend $400 Billion to $500 Billion a year on the military
industrial complex. This very medium you are communicating on was
originally sponsored and incubated by DARPA (Defense Advance Research
Projects Agency) in the 1960's. There are two things that have provided
for our safety and security in the world. The first is the two oceans on
the coasts of the CONUS and the second is the best equipped and trained
military the world has ever seen.

I thank the military industrial complex every day.

"We have met the enemy and he is us."
Walt Kelly through the comic strip character Pogo

Yes, the enemy is us. It is our own citizens with our arm extended with
our hands turned palm up waiting for someone to give us something. The
age of entitlement is upon us and it is sickening to see. What we need
is to be kicked in the ass and told to put our arms down and get a job.

I don't want to hear about how everyone is being laid-off either. Back
when we only had 200 million people in this country we had the same
unemployment percentage. The number of people in the country has
increased by 50% and in that time the unemployment rate/percentage has
remained stable.