Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default Message to the Moderator

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:27:25 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 20:16:22 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

"Larry" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

Really? How so? I'm not putting him a racial class, although I'd
suggest 3rd grade... again.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Go look up Goyim in your dictionary.

Why? I never used that term. Go look up Hitler in your dictionary.

And, I suppose, you never hear that term from any Jews, right?\

Sure. So, what's your point? Because one person uses a term, all people of
that ethnic background are guilty? What about the Christian who uses it of
himself when around Jewish friends. Would he be a racist of his own race?
think you're grasping at straws.

Actually Larry is correct, most societies have words which may be less
then complementary to describe people from outside the society. I have
been called a Yankee in Georgia and they didn't mean a guy from New
England, the Chinese have some interesting terms Quialo or Angmo,
"Foreign Devil" or "Red Haired Devil". You are a Farang or Farangi in
many Asian countries and in Indonesia to be called a "Orang Blanda" or
"blond headed person" was actually dangerous at one time as the term
originally meant Dutchman and was enough to get you mobbed in some
areas.

The fact is that these terms are openly and commonly used to describe
a foreigner in most countries. In fact, about the only place I have
been where it was politically incorrect to call a spade a spade was
the good old USA.
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Correct about what? He asked if I ever heard the word goyim from a jew. I
said that just because one person says it that doesn't qualify as all people
from the same group as being racist. Larry is not correct, and his attempt
to use race-baiting language to support an argument is disgusting.

I'm confused so I looked in the wiki:

In modern Hebrew and Yiddish the word goy is the standard term for a
gentile....

In Yiddish, it is the only proper term for Gentile and many bilingual
English and Yiddish speakers use it dispassionately.

The term shabbos goy refers to a non-Jew who performs duties that
Jewish law forbids a Jew from performing on the Sabbath; typically,
lighting a fire to warm a house.

So Goyim is a derogatory term already?