Eisboch[_4_] Eisboch[_4_] is offline

Default Circuit City Kaput

"Mike" wrote in message

Audacity is a great program... and free. I use it a lot. My 1st
experience with it was to "digitize" all of my vinyl... pops, and all.

--Mike

I spend hours doing the same. I found that if you zoomed in enough on the
spectrum you could easily take the major pops out and when it was played you
couldn't tell any editing was done. It works better than the Effects
filter.

But then I got tired of it and decided the digitized versions sounded better
with the original "pops".

What I like is that you can take an older, poorly recorded LP (or even a
CD) and enhance it so it sounds very good. You can easily over-do it
though.

I also use it to record "me" playing a keyboard and then overdubbing a
guitar on top of it, sometimes several times so I have tracks of both rhythm
guitar and lead. Same with the keyboard.
Works well and then you can go back and adjust levels, split into stereo,
cross fade, etc.
Kills a lot of rainy or snowy afternoons.

Eisboch