Eisboch[_4_] Eisboch[_4_] is offline

Default Circuit City Kaput

"Mike" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"hk" wrote in message

I sometimes play my ipod through my stereo...sounds just a hair below a
well-done CD. Nothing beats an ipod for portable entertainment.

I agree with the guy that wrote the article. Most sound like they were
recorded in a coffee can.
I occasionally use a mp3 for various purposes including burning cds or
downloading to Mrs.E's iPod.
But before I do, I use a program called "Audacity" to modify and enhance
the file to get rid of that coffee can sound.

I just cannot handle that overly compressed, airy and tinny sound.
Different strokes.

Eisboch

Audacity is a great program... and free. I use it a lot. My 1st experience
with it was to "digitize" all of my vinyl... pops, and all. g

--Mike

They just released a new beta version 1.3.6. Well worth the download. It
has a neat feature for automatic, sound actuated recording based on an
adjustable signal input level among several other improvements.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Eisboch