Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Trawler, anyone?

"John H" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 21:03:42 -0800, "Calif Bill"

wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 15, 8:42 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:04:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:
I forgot to mention ( and you obviously havent read the write-up, my
bad ) but at 8.8 knots, using 7.9 gal per hour.... with a load of 500
gallons....thats a lot of NM. More than your cutoff line, I'll guess.
Twin Diesels. Zeus Pods.
Go read the write-up.

8.8 kt / 7.9 gph is approximately 1.1 gal/nautical mile for a maximum
range of about 550 NM. Unfortunately there are major reliability
issues with high performance diesels run at slow speed for extended
periods of time.

Oh, oh, Harry failed 4th grade math. Must not be a requirement for
Yale. Pfffftttt..
Wayne also failed 7th grade math, or had a brain pffft. 1.1 nautical mile
per gallon. Or about 556 nautical miles. Whats that about 640 standard
miles? Actually is Slammer that has no math ability.

I don't see how Wayne 'failed 7th grade math'. If the tank holds 500
gallons and the boat gets 1.1 nautical mile/gallon, the product of the two
numbers is 550 nautical miles.

Slammer's math? Leaves a lot to be desired.

The 7th grade error was confusing the units.
Wayne "approximately 1.1 gal/nautical mile " not approximately 1.1 nautical
mile/gal.