Larry W4CSC

Default You guys are great (even the departed Troll)

On 19 Aug 2003 13:20:03 -0700, (Charles A.
Thompson) wrote:

I just want to thank you all for your informative posts. I am an
aspiring cruiser (no boat yet--can't even sail, but I'm slowly
learning), and this group is a great resource.

Charles, wanna go sailing, now? Hang out around the docks and help
the sailors work around their boats. They benefit from your help and
will show you appreciation by taking you sailing as crew where you'll
very quickly learn the ropes....er, ah....lines...er,
ah...sheets...(c; Get the picture?

If you have any skill that's valuable on the docks (I'm an electronic
technician with almost 40 years of experience.) you won't have ANY
trouble making friends, believe me....

What can you do a sailor might be interested in? Are you a mechanic,
electrician, electronics tech, painter, carpenter, diver, any skill
like these? If so, you're a shoe in!

I just got back a few weeks ago from my $6 Florida cruise vacation,
helping a friend I've been helping with his old boat for several years
bring home a 41' French ketch. He called me on the road from Atlanta
(his home) to Charleston (my home and where his boat is) to make a
date to meet up about noon tomorrow so we can continue the electronics
suite installation on the ketch, now that the mechanics have our new
autopilot actuator installed. Time to get cracking with the Nav
installations....radar, chart plotters, radios, electronic chart
table, computers, sailing instruments, autopilot....

It's gonna be a helluva great summer sailing with him when I get all
the damned cables pulled through the bilges....(c; Somebody's gotta
operate all these new toys!

Larry W4CSC

Maybe we could get the power grid fixed if every politician
regulating the power companies wasn't on their payrolls.