Donny

Default Penetrating question

Skip, I used McGuires Color restorer, followed by Colonite Fleetwax,
and my 29 year old hull came RIGHT back. (One of the people who came
to see her launch asked what kind of paint it was, to which I told him
it was original gelcoat, to his surprise).

I liked the McGuires because it didn't seem as aggressive as regular
buffing compound, and didn't take off a bunch. It allows you to do a
couple coats if needed, but probably not. (We only needed one, and our
hull looked like it was made of chalk, it was so oxidized).

We washed with Boat Zoap, rinsed, and let it dry, used a sheepskin
buffing pad to wipe a 5 foot square area, let it dry a minute or so,
then buffed it with the same pad, (mounted on the buffer), slowly,
1500 RPM's or so, until it stopped grabbing. Then I upped the RPM's a
little more to get the shine. It really was easy once you get the hang
of it, but take a couple Aleve's first, cause it's a shoulder workout
and a half!

Wax like you would any car with the Colonite. We used the same process
as buffing out, and my hull looks brand new.

Go to my picture trail site below, and read/look at the, "Launch Day",
album, and you can see.

Donny

'74 Trojan Sea Raider 25'

http://www.picturetrail.com/sixbennetts