Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Erie Canal Mast step/un-step

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:46:14 -0400, David Lomas
wrote:

Ok Folks, just about to sail to Oswego, or thereabouts, un-setp the mast
and start on the trek through
the Erie Canal and the Hudson River to New York.

I've looked at Google for this group but I cannot find any
recommendations for the best place to un-step
near Oswego, or the best place to step it again, in the Hudson.

Your recommendations will be appreciated.

I haven't actually used them, so this isn't a recommendation. I have
visited Catskill Creek, where I think some people have this done.
Cruising guides should list places that have the capacity, with phone
numbers.

I would bet there are places very close to where the canal joins the
Hudson River, but I haven't been that far north.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Biologists think they are chemists, chemists think they are phycisists,
physicists think they are gods, and God thinks He is a mathematician." Anon