posted to alt.autos.gm,can.politics,can.taxes,rec.boats
Gosi Gosi is offline

Default GM CEO Letter

On Jan 14, 3:42*pm, "HLS" wrote:
"Gosi" wrote in message news:2fa2af35-586b-46fd-a861-

It is impossible to wake up the dead
**********
Not impossible, but somewhat rare. * A lot of corporations are so set in
their ways,
from top to bottom, that change can be all but impossible.

And, I think we are talking about significant change in these industries.
They
apparently cant continue to do "business as usual" and expect to prosper in
the markets we are seeing just at this moment.

If their cars are ultimately desirable (which they havent been in later
years) and
if the market exists which will pay for value received, then it is smooth
sailing.

The Big 3 seemed to be just holding even (actually losing some money)
because
of their expense overhead, losing market share, and finally crushed by the
sudden
unpopularity of their profitable SUVs and pickups.

It will be a challenge.

If you could get considerable changes in the superstructure of GM it
might be possible to get it out of come.

Problem is of course the management culture of arrogance and
reluctance to face realities.

It will definitely not be possible with the current assholes at the
top.

It is really painful to know that there is a hell of a lot of
competence in the company that could be released and allowed to create
quality.

I am sure that after GM will be closed down that a lot of new good
companies will be built up.

It is a grave mistake to let this process go on and on to let
everything just stay in Limbo.

In a way it is a great study of how not to manage business.