Rosalie B.

Default Best short wave radio for both commumication and marine info?

x-no-archive:yes "wkaz" wrote:

Glen, I was looking at the 706 MKII myself until Icom came out with the
802, any thoughts? I realize it is a lot more money but I plan on buying an
HF set only once.
Walt

I got the following email from someone who is not on the newsgroups

My electronics supplier in California, ran some tests using the 802 and the
and the 710 with power meters and using transcontinental 2ways. What they
found was that the 802 sounded better, when one made no measured comparison.
But when transmitted and received power levels were measured, they found the
802 was putting out less than 1/2 the power.

802 sounded better, just no power. So we reported the problem to ICOM for
evaluation, and have yet to hear or see any changes. So I am waiting on
moving from my 710 to the 802.

grandma Rosalie