Rosalie B.

Default Penetrating question

x-no-archive:yes Edward Greeley wrote:

Well, great! Two diametrically opposed opinions about Penetrol. I have a
heavily oxidized, older fiberglas boat and am not anxious to start wet
sanding, etc. Might have to though...

Any other pros or cons re Penetrol?

We've started using it and Bob likes it fine. It makes the boat look
really great. I'm not sure if we'd know if it yellowed though because
our gel coat isn't white - it's kind of beige. But the guy across the
dock has used it on his white boat and we haven't noticed any
yellowing.

In any case, I don't see much difference between the effort involved
in doing all that sanding and waxing business and stripping it off and
redoing it periodically (or giving up and painting the topsides), and
in using something like Penetrol and stripping that off and/or
reapplying it periodically. And since the Penetrol requires much less
effort to begin with (and we also use it in the cockpit etc), I'm not
convinced that it is worth my time or the money to pay someone
(because I totally wouldn't do either one myself) to do the buffing
and waxing thing. It isn't worth it.

grandma Rosalie