Dennis Gibbons

Default do I need a captain license when I charter my boot

You only need a US Captain's license if you are operating in US waters.
Bear in mind, regardless of your license situation, your insurer may be
insuring your for recreational use only and could void the policy if it
finds out you are using the boat commercially.

--
Dennis Gibbons
S/V Dark Lady
"peter kaiser" wrote in message
dear readers
from time to time we get a charter. 2-3 people for some days. We live on

our
boat for 6 month out of the year. We are based in Guatemala/Rio dulce. It

is
not a big buisness but nice to get some $ to make repairs. There is the
problem. If somethings happens. How is my leagal position. I don t have a
captain license. It is fun to have guest on board and we got some realy

good
friends this way. But what happens when something happens. I am also
planning to go to Cartagena this winter and would take people with us. I
need to know more about the legal side.
You can see more under www.awab.net
thanks for the advice.
peter