Skip Gundlach

Default Penetrating question

Hi, Jere, and any others who may be looking in, curious,

"Jere Lull" wrote in message
Skip Gundlach wrote:

I've got a fiberglass boat which could use some luster restoration.

??? I missed the *REPORT*! What was the result of The Search?!

We're in recovery mode at the moment, having done a huge amount of time and
research/travel, etc., which those following it know about.

The boat(s) referred to above and in the subject line are my ski boat and an
I/O runabout which I'll sell when I move aboard my 'real' boat.

The closest we've gotten is to inch toward an offer on a Gulfstar44 in the
Tampa area (thus the posting about weather and sea trials). There are some
very nervous-making inconsistencies about this boat, along with its being
bigger than we really would prefer, and, unless subject to a real lowball,
out of our price range.

That said, so far, the only boat I've been on which I can stand in (I brush
the soft liner in some areas, but can't find anything hard under it with my
head despite all attempts at standing tall) which also has a closed galley
and a queen berth-able size, along with suitable topsides and interior
storage, is a GS44, seen in the second trip which was done to go back to a
couple of short-listers (which both failed on review). Another seen in that
trip, on the shortlist, also abandoned on review, was an Endeavour 42,
marvelous in all regards other than tiny exterior storage (two cooler-sized
lazarettes) and lesser interior storage. We'd seen that boat on the hard in
FTL when we were there the first time...

Pleas for suggestions on others meeting our newly (well, in June, following
our dash through FL's perimeter for over 80 candidates) formulated
parameters were met with deafening silence, so we presume that unless we
move well into the 6-digit range and perhaps over 45', there aren't any of
that ilk in production boats. I've got a sketched design for what I'd
consider to be an ideal layout for a cruising boat, but it would have such a
limited market I doubt it's been produced, and, certainly, I'm/we're in no
position to have one built on a hull/deck frame.

So, thanks for asking. I'll take this over to a new topic and expand a bit
on it.

L8R

Skip and Lydia

--

"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a clear
night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize that you are