posted to alt.autos.gm,can.politics,can.taxes,rec.boats
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default GM CEO Letter

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:03:22 -0500, C. E. White cast forth these pearls of
wisdom...:

Lot of total BS in that letter you seem to like. I think it was
written by a bitter overpaid salesman that failed at his job.

Now why would you say that?

Assembly plants are routinely ranked on productivity by outside
auditors. GM and Ford plants often do better than US Toyota and Nissan
Plants. Unions have certainly gone to excess in some cases, but
without unions (or at least the threat of unions), how do you think
GM, Ford, Toyota and Nissan would treat their workers? I wonder how
well Mr. Know treats his...

Probably the same way that the rest of the non-union industry treats their
employees. Sorry Ed, but the days of unions truly protecting workers went
by the wayside over 50 years ago.

It has been awhile, but I still recall the reports on how Toyota
treats it suppliers in Japan. I am not talking about the happy Toyota
workers at the Toyota assembly plants. I am talking about the harassed
brow beaten pennies a day worker at Toyota's suppliers.I'll bet Mr.
Know would love that model. Maybe when he get his wish and the "Big
Three" go under, and his only significant Customer is Japan Inc, he'll
enjoy the experience.

Pennies a day? Ed, you clearly do not know anything about Japanese
business. I lived there for three years. I would not know where to start
in dispelling the myths you hold about Japanese business. You're just
completely wrong in everything you've said here.

--

-Mike-