Jere Lull

Default Penetrating question

Skip Gundlach wrote:

I've got a fiberglass boat which could use some luster restoration.

??? I missed the *REPORT*! What was the result of The Search?!

I've
heard reports, but none first-hand, about Penetrol. Some have said direct
opposites - that it gives a great, deep, restoration, and that it doesn't
work, and causes long-term dullness, but I don't recall any who had
personally used it.

Our hull is 30 years old and original gel coat. The heavy-duty
fiberglass pastes really do work pretty well. After 3 or 4 springs of
not bothering, I got around to it this year and brought it back to
pretty much mirror in a day, using just the handy drill and 5" buffer.

I've seen a few of the oils and coatings and they DO look good at first,
but I haven't seen anything that lasted any better than plain old
Maguirers (sp?) in the long run without as much work as compounding and
re-waxing each season.

--
Jere Lull