posted to alt.autos.gm,can.politics,can.taxes,rec.boats
HLS HLS is offline

Default GM CEO Letter

"C. E. White" wrote in message
Lot of total BS in that letter you seem to like. I think it was written by
a bitter overpaid salesman that failed at his job.

Assembly plants are routinely ranked on productivity by outside auditors.
GM and Ford plants often do better than US Toyota and Nissan Plants.
Unions have certainly gone to excess in some cases, but without unions (or
at least the threat of unions), how do you think GM, Ford, Toyota and
Nissan would treat their workers? I wonder how well Mr. Know treats his...

It has been awhile, but I still recall the reports on how Toyota treats it
suppliers in Japan. I am not talking about the happy Toyota workers at the
Toyota assembly plants. I am talking about the harassed brow beaten
pennies a day worker at Toyota's suppliers.I'll bet Mr. Know would love
that model. Maybe when he get his wish and the "Big Three" go under, and
his only significant Customer is Japan Inc, he'll enjoy the experience.

Ed

This has little to do with it, as I see it, Ed.

These companies have to be successful financially, like any other company,.
Their luck may have run bad, but their leadership and elaboration of their
activities has been poor.

They have been given a second shot at life, courtesy of the US taxpayers.

They need to step up to the plate, or leave the field.