Glenn Ashmore

Default Best short wave radio for both commumication and marine info?

The ICOM 706 MKII is a very good SSB ham radio for the bucks. You can
find them on eBay for under $500. Not type accepted for transmitting on
marine freqs but it will receive them very well and is easy to unlock
for emergency communication. An older model is fine for marine work
because the only thing added on the newer models is more freqs above 30 Mhz.

I use one for receiving WEFAX, monitoring Southbound and amateur work.

Stan Sroga wrote:
What's the best off shore (solid but no-frills) short wave radio that
can receive marine broadcasts (weather,,,) and also be used to
communicate with hams on shore?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com