Rosalie B.

Default Practical alternative to buying paper charts?

x-no-archive:yes
(Stan Sroga) wrote:

Although all of the computer software chart companies (CAPN,
Nobeltec,,)claim that their products are supplements, not
replacements, for paper charts it seems like it would be practical to
print out sections of the charts and carefully tape them together?

We are planning a long trip to places that we will not return to for
years and it is hard to spend the money on a stack of charts that will
be used only once.

Is a there a practical alternative to buying new paper charts?

Chart kits
Buying charts from another cruiser and noting changes on them
Trading charts with someone who's going the other direction

Some people have chart plotters - I don't know what they do or how
they work.

Computer charts aren't all that cheap.

grandma Rosalie