Ean Kingston

Default Magellan GPS

About 5 years ago I got my father a low end Magellan GPS for Christmas. He
loved it. Of course, he used it about 3 times on land and then put it in a
desk drawer (where it still sits). I'm pretty sure it still has the
original batteries I supplied with it.

Old Salt wrote:

Anybody have anything to say (good, bad or indifferent) about Magellan GPS
units and/or about Magellan customer service? I pretty much had trouble
with my Magellan Blazer 12 (low-end GPS) for most of the 3 years I had it.
I used it for about a month when I first bought it and it worked fine.
Then I let it sit till last fall when I needed it, but it wouldn't pick up
satellites until a Magellan rep told me how to reset it. It then
functioned, although erratically, until finally croaking completely this
summer. When I asked Magellan for a replacement, they said they'd be happy
to give me 40% off one of their higher-end units. I told them that since
the Blazer was obviously a bad purchase on my part, I had no interest in
buying another Magellan unit, but thought they should replace the one that
had given such poor service. End of discussion. Just wondering if anyone
has had some positive experiences with them. Bernie

--
due to a significant increase in scams being sent to my e-mail address, I am
no longer makinging it available for direct replies.