Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default I'll give him four years -he won't get reelected...

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:14:12 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6617979

Oh is he giong to learn a lesson...

Just think. Using Harry and Vic's logic, Obama's legacy will be that he
presided over the worst economic recession in the history of the USA.

Logic? Politics isn't logic. Don't know why you lump *me* with
Harry. Not logical.
I'm not the one that engages him in "logical" conversations, as you
tend to do.
On that score I recommend you heed Einstein's definition of
"insanity." (-:
Anyway, since I'm a retired computer systems analyst, I know a bit
about logic. Not classical, mind you - always found that pretty dry.
But in computers, just as in politics, it is often the human interface
that determines what is "logical."
I don't recall even mentioning "legacy" recently, but I'm guessing you
are recalling my comments about being laid off after Reagan took
office. That's just a personal view. I don't worship anybody but my
wife, because that works real good. Ronald Reagan, Barrack Obama,
Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow are invited to kiss my ass.
I strive to be fair and balanced.
"Legacy" in political context it's a historical looks backwards.
Some might argue that Barrack Obama's presidency is part of Ronald
Reagans legacy.
They would use "logic" to make that argument. Cause/effect, etc.
I won't/can't go there.
Everybody knows what Obama is inheriting, and if he leaves us in
better shape then when he came in, he'll be a winner.
Historians will write about it.
Whatever he does that makes us stronger 20-30 years from now will
receive praise. Whatever makes us weaker will receive condemnation.
All the usual 20/20 hindsight, and even then historians will still be
grinding political axes.
I was fine before Reagan came in and soon became part of largest
jobless mass since the Great Depression. I didn't blame Jimmy Carter
or Jerry Ford or Richard Nixon for that.
I never lost a job with them in office.
Ronald Reagan was the prez who presided over the worst unemployment
since the Great Depression, or any time after.
Obama's first mission is to not beat Reagan there.
Those who lose their jobs under Barrack Obama won't blame GWB
They will blame Barrack Obama.
They won't go looking for the "logical" reasons they can't find work.
I don't find that a difficult concept to understand.
The big thing BO has going for him is "the times," which also have
nothing to do with logic.
Remember, money grows on trees now.
I can see unemployment benefits being extended far out, and all kinds
of "aid" to the unemployed.
In Reagan's time he could get away with just telling you to pound
sand. Which is what he did.

There's probably also a 50/50 chance of a shooting war with Iran.

Reminds me of when I asked a pal if he was going to do something.
He said "Maybe I might."
At least you left yourself an out.
Tom wasn't so cagey when he told us that McCain would be the next
POTUS.
Predictions are best left to Carnack the Magnificent, not the Overlord
of Whatever.

--Vic