Terry Spragg

Default How to make a cargo netting for bowsprit?

http://www.bertaut.com/netmaking.html

Matt/Meribeth Pedersen wrote:

Most underbowsprit nets that I've seen are about 1/4" or larger
line spaced at about 6" intervals. This is so you can stand on
it and/or wrap your foot around it for extra security.

If Ashley's book of knots doesn't have instructions about netting,
then it would be a great question for Brion Toss on the
Spartalk section of his web site www.briontoss.com

Matt

"MLapla4120" wrote in message
Hi,
I'd like to learn how to assemble (Knot?) some cargo netting for my

bowsprit
on my Westsail 32. Are there any good resources for learning how to do

this?
It's kind of like macrame to me and I'd like to learn how to do it. It

would
be a nice barrier to prevent the headsail from going into the briny, as

well
as possibly saving a crewmember from doing the same.

Thanks, if you have any ideas,
Mark

--
Terry K - My email address is MY PROPERTY, and is protected by
copyright legislation. Permission to reproduce it is