Larry Kier

Default Planning the cruise is a lot of fun!

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Soon as we get past the October issue deadlines, we're off and gone.

This year's itinerary is looking promising. We'll be visiting a remote

island
that used to house a leper colony (if it rains- don't ask), the historic

site
of a religious fanatic/conman's international communal headquarters, and

some
windswept little islets that we've
motored past on previous excursions north. State and provincial parks,

small
towns, empty coves, resort marinas- the whole gamut. Can hardly wait.

A religious fanatic etc......must be Decourcey Island and Pirates Cove
Marine Park.
I was there in July and didn't have a good time... the trails were mosquito
infested and then the wind came up and caused the cove to turn into a
nightmare of slipping anchors, boat collisions, crossed anchor rodes... just
a bad night for the whole cove. I know it isn't always like that but it
certainly didn't work out for us.

If you haven't tried them already take a look at Wallace Island (Conover
Cove) and Newcastle Island. I think Wallace, Newcastle and Portland Island
are my favorite stops in the Gulf Islands. Enjoy your cruise and I am
looking forward to your report!

Larry