MLapla4120

Default How many boats does it take

the problem is not "if" we **** in the water but "where we **** in the
water".

My boat is in San Francisco Bay and there
is good water movement due to good tidal
movement. In spite of that, in my marina,
in the shallow end near to shore, there is
often a film of 'unnatural' looking origin. I suspect it is from waste being
discharged.
There is of course no way for me to confirm this. I wonder if some people in
the marina are discharging waste.
As a nurse, I can tell you that urine is
definitely 'sterile', (without bacteria) unless
you have a urinary tract infection or have
some other disease. However, 'sterile',
in this case is not synonymous with 'clean'. Urine is waste. That's why our
bodies get rid of it. Given enough of it in
a small area of water, it does effect the water quality. Where that line is, I
don't
know. I suspect that the closer to shore
you are, the less it takes to actually detract from the quality of shore
beauty.

My two cents
Mark