Larry

Default Engine overheat-yanmar 2qm15

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 04:07:03 GMT, RichH wrote:

Once the engine is 'pickled' make a decision:
1. Install a thermostat that opens fully at 135 degrees and suffer less
thermodynamic efficiency because the combustion chambers operate at a
less combustion-efficient state. OR
2. Plan to 'pickle' the engine every few years.

I've always felt bad bringing a nice yacht to a dock then just leaving
it all corroding away for sometimes weeks at a time leaving salt in
the heat exchanger and exhaust. I don't do that to outboards and
jetboats. Why is it "ok" in nice boats?

Is there a particular reason expensive yachts don't have fresh water
flush systems on, say, a sailboat auxiliary? It's so simple to
install to simply backflush it into the sea and close the seacock,
leaving the system full of clean, salt-free, fresh water that will
absorb the salt.

These engines aren't immune.....

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.