posted to alt.sailing
Uncle Bob Uncle Bob is offline

Default Tracing a pattern?

On Jan 7, 12:43*pm, sojo wrote:
Uncle Bob wrote:
I'm putting in a bulkhead in a gutted power boat. I'm looking for info
on how to trace the curved surface of the hull vertically with the
chines etc so I get a close fit with the bulkhead material. If anyone
know any tips tricks or tutorials please let me know. Thanks

I've done this type of work in the past. My method has been to use
something like 1/4" plywood to make a template. Basically, I pre-fit the
template to the curve / shape by eye as much as possible, then use a
drafting compass to trace the shape onto the template to fine tune. It
takes a bit to get the fit exact, but it works for me.

Thank you.