Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default The worst Democrat President

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 16:13:04 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:30:32 -0500, "mmc" wrote:

I doubt if average construction time is more than a month. Everything
is slapped together, some of it surprisingly well.

Casady

I'd imagine that for someone whose options are living in thier car (lucky)
or a cardboard box (unlucky) a house that was slapped together sounds pretty
damn good.

My point was that all houses go up very quickly. Ties up the money for
less time that way.

Casady

We once tendered for a project to build low cost housing at a project
in Indonesia. The construction schedule anticipated erecting one house
per crew per week. Prefabbed of course, but still a house a week.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)