matt colie

Default Great Lakes Marine Surveyor WORST

I suggest you get in touch a lawyer first (I never said that before) and
then with both the individual surveyor and the oganization that he
belongs too.
Marine surveyor is an unlicensed occupation that is "cerified" by a
trade fraternity (union-guild)
If you did not know it, the surveyor is responsible for the boat being
in the condition represented. As such, if it is found to be other then
he is financially responsible to make it that way.
I hope you can sue him for enough to cover the actual cost.
Matt Colie A.Sloop "Bonne Ide'e" S2-739 #1
Lifelong Waterman, Licensed Mariner and Perpetual Sailor

wrote:
I have had the worst experience with Mr Greg Group
He surveyed my sail boat and missed several things that the US Coast
Guard flagged as unseaworthy.

When one pays a Surveyor several hundred dollars to survey a 45 foot
Hunter, I do not expect a surveyor to catch everything but what he
missed was unacceptable.

DO NOT USE Great Lakes Marine Surveyors!!!!
Ever