BAR[_3_] BAR[_3_] is offline

Default Boats/Fishing

John H wrote:
On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 17:07:43 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:10:57 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Jan 7, 3:24 pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:35:10 -0800 (PST),

wrote:
Always liked those Carolina Skiffs, big, open, and simple...
Tough too - the bait shop guys around Lake Murray have them and beat
the snot out of them and they just keep on floating. One guy, at Lake
World, has repowered his more than once.

They are tough - butt ugly, but tough.
Well, being a "tool guy" I find them to be quite attractive... Of
course you could always hire me to design some "nose art" for you, I
will work for cheap

I already have the design.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...40-ftigers.jpg

Tom, have you ever read any of W.E.B. Griffin's stuff?" His "Men at War"
series starts off with a couple guys joining the AVG to fly those buggers
in China.

Coincidence. I just started reading the guy a couple weeks ago.

I've read his Brotherhood of War series and the Corps series and the one
one about S. America during WWII. The guy is a great story teller.

I actually met a guy who was taken prisoner by the Germans in April of
1945 and the Soviets came through and were getting ready to load up all
of the POW regardless of country of origin and ship them East. Luckily
he and some other Americans POWs were plucked out of line by some field
grade US officers from the Soviets before being loaded on the train.
Talk about scary.