John H[_8_] John H[_8_] is offline

Default Bimini top brackets

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 23:22:36 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

John H wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 19:48:50 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 19:25:38 -0500, John H
wrote:

The screws worked themselves loose already. I just worry anytime wood type
screws are used in fiberglass - for anything.
You know what you might want to try - rebedding them using 3M 5200.

That stuff is really strong and with some good stainless screws with
an agressive thread, that thing should hold forever.

Hell - the T-top on my Ranger was set in place with that stuff before
they sunk the screws. I could hang from it before it was secured - no
joke. :)

Ideas like that are appealing. They're cheap!

I think the best idea is to take off the damn bimini and put on a t-top.
I've got to find one my wife thinks blocks enough sun,

Now you are talking. That was my suggestion last year.

Well, my wife didn't think much of it last year either!