posted to alt.sailing.asa
Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Tracing a pattern?

"Uncle Bob" wrote in message
I'm putting in a bulkhead in a gutted power boat. I'm looking for info
on how to trace the curved surface of the hull vertically with the
chines etc so I get a close fit with the bulkhead material. If anyone
know any tips tricks or tutorials please let me know. Thanks

Use cardboard. Make yourself a very large compass (not the direction finding
kind but the kind that has a needle point on one side and a pencil on the
other)

Set up the cardboard far enough away from the sides of the boat you wish to
trace and use the compass to scribe a line on the cardboard by following the
sides of the hull chines and all.

Wilbur Hubbard