Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Walking down the dock

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 15:58:36 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 23:12:05 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

I don't know what defines a big boat.

I have a 22 ft alum fish/ski. It has a great deal of freeboard, sail
area, if you like, and it is big when you are trying to get it from
the trailer to the dock. There are 24 or even longer boats that catch
less wind, but its docking it unaided what makes it big. It _is_
bigger than nearly all the local boats.

Casady

A friend had a 28' boat and sailed all over the Western Pacific and
Indian Ocean with it. The only problem is that short boats are slower
and size does limit how much "stuff" you can haul.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Yeah, it's stuff comprised of convenience items, additional safety gear,
passengers, what else? I guess it's a comfort zone issue. Some people aren't
concerned with what others would consider the bare minimum.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com