Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Digital Converter Boxes

wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:19:32 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

Direct and/or Dish do not provide the Internet service. In the case of
Dish
here in my area they partner with Embarq and they provide DSL service.

I found for me it was better not to bundle the DishNetwork and Embarq
Internet service. When you get the Embarq DSL and landline phone service
they force a bundle of phone "services" that would make my phone bill part
of the service go up about 20 bux per month.

Embarq offers different Internet speeds for different monthly prices. I
have the 3MB service and it is just fine. I have never seen Comcast in
action but I've heard they have higher d/l speeds that 3MB.

Cable is faster than consumer grade DSL If you are watching videos all
day it is probably worth it. Unfortunately when you average the "zero
bits per second" you get when Comcast is down in the equation DSL is
faster, I call their offering the triple threat plan. At least 3 times
a month you will be transported back to the 19th century.
No TV, No phone, No internet.
I guess you just curl up with a good book, remember those?

Still read books. Starting a Ted Bell novel later today. Used to have
cable, but everytime it rained or got foggy the cable went out. Was one of
the first cable systems in the country. They replaced all the cables and
supposedly is good and reliable now. Just to costly for what I use.