Eisboch[_4_] Eisboch[_4_] is offline

Default Digital Converter Boxes

wrote in message

It'll work. The only thing that the going digital thing will affect is
if you use an antenna. What I'm ****ed about is that now the History
Channel has went to digital format, the only way you can get it is
with the Comcast box. Only have one on the main TV, all the other TV's
are just wired directly to cable.

-----------------------------------

Yeah. A few months ago they moved MSNBC to a digital channel also and it
now requires one of their boxes to continue to receive it ... even on a
digital TV. This is a different issue than the analog to digital
transition. MSNBC used to be part of the "Basic" service plan, included in
the analog, straight out of the wall (no box) capabilities. Now it's part
of a package for which a box *is* required, regardless of TV (analog or
digital) type. Around here it used to be on channel 59. They moved it to
a digital channel (114). If I select channel 114 on a digital TV connected
directly to the wall (no box), I get C-Span. If I select 114 using
Comcast's box, I get MSNBC. Starting to get confusing.

Eisboch