D.Duck D.Duck is offline

Default Duck re. Norton

"Eisboch" wrote in message
Ok. Did as you suggested. It only took less than a minute, then called
for a "restart", which I allowed. When the computer came back up there
was no Norton to be seen. (Maybe it was uninstalled quickly because I had
never enabled it to begin with).

I got a balloon from Windows telling me I didn't have any anti-virus
programs installed.
The Windows firewall is on, but it said no virus protection software was
detected.

I figured "good", and then proceeded to try and install the AVG software.
The installation started, extracted all the files, etc., then a message
came up saying that it had detected another installed anti-virus program
and didn't recommend continuing unless I got rid of whatever it is. So, I
aborted the installation.

Windows Defender?

Eisboch

Sorry, but I don't know what to tell you. In the case I'm referring to it
was on an HP laptop. From all appearances of the length of time to
uninstall it was installed and just sitting there waiting to be activated.
I don't know it there was a free trial period or not. I did the uninstall
thing before opening any other of Norton's shortcuts.

Widows defender and an antivirus can co-exist.