otnmbrd

Default Vertical clearance ??

Chuck Bollinger wrote:

But something bothers me about Mean Tidal Level being half way between
MHW and MLW, especially where there are two diurnal highs and lows.
Can't put my finger on it, but that seems like one of those shortcuts
that can introduce errors. Kind of like those situations where computing
from the results of a computation introduces error. Another thing to
research.

This is part of my problem with this. If we need to find the height of
MHW and our tide datum is based on MLLW, I'm not sure how we can
directly convert with any certainty from the info given.
Also:
Diurnal - Single high and low
Semi Diurnal - two high and low
Mixed - Variations/inequalities in highs and lows .... what we have on
the West Coast, with variations in local

This is one area I've always been weak on, so BG hopefully this old
dog can learn some new tricks.

otn