Terry McMahon

Default Yamaha 4 stroke 9.9

After thorough researching we selected the Yamaha engine for our
dinghy. Yamaha has a reputation for a very reliable motor. We
selected the 4 stroke because of maintenance ease. The motor was
bought from Suncoast Inflatables along with a Caribe dinghy. In less
than 4 months, I put one gallon of oil in the motor. It has been a
headache all the way down to Trinidad and finally would not start. On
two occasions, Suncoast indicated that they would pay for the shipping
and in Trinidad even gave the shipper a Credit Card. They finally
reneged on the deal. I shipped the motor at my cost to another
dealer. In addition Yamaha was informed of this problem and so far
nothing has happened with them. We obviously got a "lemon" because no
othe cruiser has had this kind of problem