Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default "Deliciously Truthful" Wager for Harry is Renewed

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 20:16:36 -0500, D K
wrote:

Morton Grove? You aren't too far from some outstanding food! Where do
you boat around there - Lake Michigan?

I'm about 30 feet away from outstanding food. My wife is a cook.
But there are plenty of good eateries around, or used to be.
When I worked in Northbrook and downtown I did plenty of business
lunches, but since I retired I eat at home unless we're on the road.
Not only is my wife a pro cook, but she likes to cook and doesn't like
restaurants. Fine with me.
Haven't boated in years, but when I did it was in the Chain in rented
boats or most parts of Wisconsin when I fished with a couple buddies
who had a boat we'd pull up there. We'd do a little sking, but mostly
fishing. Never boated on Lake Michigan except a bit on a pal's
sailboat and crewing on merchant tankers.
You know how bad traffic got in the Chain.
Not knocking the Great Lakes, as there's some pretty boating areas, my
fav being on the other side, around Escanaba.
But the big thing is that once I fished in the Florida salt I never
had the slightest desire to fish fresh water again. Just seems "dead"
compared to salt. Maybe if I was at the right place, I'd do it, but
it won't be anywhere in Illinois.
I'll do some rental canoeing on the Kankakee, that's about it.
Otherwise I won't be floating a boat until I move.

--Vic