Michael Sutton

Default HONDA EU1000i Generator on the hook

..

It is that quiet. I use my 1KW model at the cabin up north in the middle of
the woods, and sometimes while recharging my batteries I have to go outside
and around the back just to confirm that it did not run out of gas.

wow. looking at the spec sheet it appears that it is on the lower 50's db
range on noise. I imagine that this would be even quiet if you put
a 'sound shield' around the generator to reflect the noise upward.

Why is it so expensive for a small generator?
(is it the Honda name or the quietness of it).

I know you can get other 'portable' generators for cheaper, but
of course they are noisier and not as compact, and don't
have a honda engine.

mike