Larry

Default HONDA EU1000i Generator on the hook

Earl, if you pull the case apart so you can get to the bottom of the
internal gas tank, you can pull the hose off the tank (empty of
course) which has a plastic strainer plugged into the hose.

The hose widens to accomodate this strainer JUST RIGHT to put a 5/16"
hose barb to hose barb nylon adapter on it with a little clamp. The
red plastic 6-gallon outboard motor tank at West Marine with the
primer bulb and hose already affixed to it is 5/16" to fit on the
barb. Drill a small hole under the output power panel behind the
ON-OFF knob and run the Honda hose out of it and put on the 6-gallon
tank. The engine will run 12 hours per day for nearly a week before
filling. Prime it like you would a small outboard. THE HONDA HAS A
FUEL PUMP! They do this because the internal tank is lower at the
bottom than the carb bowl. It has a little diaphram pulse pump like
an outboard.

I use my EU1000i to power my music repair shop built into an old USAF
stepvan. It sits in a locked tool box stand bolted to the back doors
with holes cut out for the hot air outlet around the exhaust with an
intake slot cut under the genset and back by the AC outlet so the
genset doesn't get wet. Works great with the gas tank on it....MUCH
SAFER THAN FUELING A HOT GENSET!

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 04:33:37 -0000, Earl Colby Pottinger
wrote:

(Michael Sutton) :

What do you guys do? just set them up on the deck and
run the power cord inside?

aren't they too noisey? Or is this model that quiet?
you don't have any vibration?

-mike

Go ahead and pony up the extra cash for the 2000. You will not be
disappointed.

It is that quiet. I use my 1KW model at the cabin up north in the middle of
the woods, and sometimes while recharging my batteries I have to go outside
and around the back just to confirm that it did not run out of gas.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.