katy katy is offline

Default Getting Rid of Damp

Goofball_star_dot_etal wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 16:04:07 -0500, katy
wrote:

You're getting condensation. The only thing that will work is
reducing the humidity level of the interior air in the boat. An
electric heater paired with a dehumidifier is probably the most
effective. We sometimes run an electric heater with the air
conditioning which accomplishes the same thing.

That was going to be the next step...we run two heaters, one in the aft
cabin and one in the salon...if I can't find a dehumidifier fast enough
I'll just haul that out and see if it works with the heater's/. Another
liveaboard was complaining too b ut they have propane heat and theur
cabin was actually "raining" on them. At least we don't have that going
on! The hatches are staying dry and there's no condensation on the lexan.

If you are going to use the AC to dehumidify use a low air flow rate
setting, if possible or restrict it, to keep the evaporator
temperature low. It will produce a lower humidity and probably remove
water faster that way.

Thanks. Will keep that it mind.