Dennis O'Connor

Default Cruisers attacked in Columbia - 4 sep events (LONG)

No easy answers really... If you show a gun then you have to be willing to
kill, immediately, without hesitation, or it will be taken away and used on
you...

Short of killing: Mace is essentially worthless... A determined individual
can ignore it... The pepper sprays that police and military have are
effective... You may have to do a bit of searching and begging, but if you
are determined you can get the police strength stuff... No one can walk
through this industrial strength pepper spray if you get them in the face...
They will hit the deck, guaranteed...
A conductive pattern glassed to the deck that can be electrified with a
electric fence charger - get the type intended for bulls and with the weed
burner capability - will definitely be a deterrent to the first one hopping
aboard with wet shoes or bare feet. Sandals cut from old car tires probably
will resist the electric, though... . Having the lifeline around the deck
charged will help significantly. Having a charge on the hatch
handles/padlocks will help...
A less lethal firearm that is legal in most countries is the flare gun... A
variety of 12 gauge projectiles can be had for that, including my favorite a
12 gauge trap shooting cartridge with the BB's removed and filled with rock
salt...
The new laser/strobe lights with the blinding, blue-green light are quite
effective at forcing people to back off, giving you time to them hit them
with the pepper spray... A Taser is very effective at stopping someone
temporarily...
The biggest problem you will face is what to do if they don't withdraw after
they are sprayed or shocked... At that time you may have to resort to
lethal force... Also, it is a lot tougher once they have boarded, to get
them to back off...

My best recommendation is a high pressure water pump, the 3000 psi variety,
preventing them from boarding as long as they don't have guns...I use one
for washing down the bulldozers, the barns, etc., and they will reach out 20
feet and literally knock you down... I have treated wounds from getting a
hand in front of these high pressure sprays and they can be nasty... You
will have the issue of making sure the engine will start on the first pull
and run reliably...

Finally, the best cure is prevention... Simply do not sail in the parts of
the world where these attacks are reported... You may feel that this denies
you the right to pass wherever in the world you choose... The scum out
there that intend to steal, rape, and murder don't care about your rights.

Denny

"Don W." wrote in message
Oh boy, here we go again on the guns on board vs. no guns on