Larry

Default Watermaker pressure regulator?

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 17:04:21 GMT, "Don W."
wrote:

Larry,

But you are not distilling from sea water are you? I suspect
that you'd have significantly more "scale" if you filled it up
with sea water and fired it up.

Don W.

No, but the Navy has been for years...(c;

Point is lots of boaters think reverse osmosis is clean water because
it does take the salt out. But that disturbing report of the bacteria
breaking down against the membrane and the toxins they release passing
through into the drinking water SURE makes one think about drinking
it.....

I don't think they're replacing the membrane often enough in any boats
with these watermakers I know of.

Larry W4CSC

"No, NO, Mr Spock! I said beam me down a WRENCH,
not a WENCH! KIRK OUT!"