Don W.

Default Watermaker pressure regulator?

Larry,

But you are not distilling from sea water are you? I suspect
that you'd have significantly more "scale" if you filled it up
with sea water and fired it up.

Don W.

Larry wrote:
snip

My system here makes 12 gallons a day on 1200 watts of electricity.
There is a carbon prefilter to pull the organic chemicals out of the
water prior to the boiler, then another carbon post-filter on top of
my collection tanks to trap the benzene and the like out of the
condensed water that usually gives distilled water that metallic
taste. What comes out is really delicious and has a VERY high
resistance in the multigigohm range at 10KVDC, one of the best tests
of purity. Costs about 30c/gallon to make and there is little
recurring costs like expensive, hightech membranes, backflushing and
maintenance. My unit is porcelain and easily comes apart. Just a
flush to get the scale out that's flaked off the stainless element and
she's ready for more......

Larry W4CSC

"No, NO, Mr Spock! I said beam me down a WRENCH,
not a WENCH! KIRK OUT!"