Default Pledges of Abstinence Ineffective

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

There's nothing wrong with teaching abstinence as part of a larger sex
education curriculum. The problem is that there are people who think that
the ONLY thing kids should be taught is abstinence. I've seen surveys
mentioned which indicate that some outrageous number of kids - might've
been around 45% - get NO INFORMATION about sex from their parents. If
they also get NO INFORMATION at school.....

You can finish that last sentence.

This has become all very complicated. After getting a lecture on
respecting girls and women, I entered my teen dating years with a very
clear idea of birth control. Basically it was a mental image of two grown
men coming after me with baseball bats. One would be the girl's father.
The other would be mine.

Eisboch

My son got the same explanation. "Your girlfriends automatically become my
daughters. Capisce?" I told him there was no expiration date on that
arrangement. :-)