Joe Parsons

Default Trimming the drive

More of that dang boating stuff here...

As I've put a number of hours on "Her Idea" (a Four Winns 195 Sundowner with
4.3L OMC Cobra), I'm coming to realize that there's quite an art to trimming the
drive (not the trim tabs, which I don't have) for conditions. I should mention
that I have one of those funky rubber "wings" bolted to the outdrive.

I've been coming out of the hole (lightly loaded) with the drive all the way
down, then bringing it up until the RPMs increase to the max (typically from
3800 to 4200) then bringing the throttle back to 4000 for cruise.

If there's much of a chop, or a lot of wakes, I've been bringing the bow back
down a bit to reduce pounding.

This seems to work reasonably well. Is there anything else I should be
considering?

Joe Parsons