Ryk

Default Where to mount the BBQ grill

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:39:34 -0400, in message

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

All this talk about Magmas and Dikinson grills is making me hungry. It
is also making me wonder about the best place to mount one.

Usually I see them mounded on the side of the stern pulpit but I have
narrow side decks back there so I would have to stand in the cockpit
seat and lean over to cook. The other option is off the transom but I
have a sugar scoop stern and am worried about dripping grease on the
swim platform.

I have a boat with a fairly narrow transom that puts rail space at a
premium. I mount my Force Ten kettle (which for some reason blows out
if fully closed, but is good to about 15 knots of breeze with the lid
cracked about 1/4 inch open) more or less at the corner of the stern
pulpit. It drips a little, but only on the far edge of one side of the
transom, and has never been an issue in docking.

Ryk